Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Introduction and Salutation - Coach Matt

Hello again!

Now that I have introduced the team to the blogging world, I figure that I should introduce myself. You can call me Coach Matt. This is my first year with Team 2167 as well as my first year working at the Missouri Academy. My job title is Residential Counselor, which is a cross between a student Resident Assistant/Community Advisor/etc and a professional Hall Director. I completed a Bachelors of Science in Mathematics this past summer at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities.

This year was definitely one of ups and downs for Team 2167. The fall semester flew by without much accomplishment and the construction of the robot was towards the end of the build season. (The Academy students take the same college classes as traditional college students here so their winter break is longer than normal high schools, which cuts into the build season. This combined with the fact that students have the college schedule and no solid time for everyone to meet together gives us some challenges during build season.)

Now that the actual competition season is over for us (which will be chronicled on this blog shortly), we are all able to take some time to breathe a sigh of relief. However, I also think that there are a number of things I can do to get the team on the right foot for next year.

~Coach Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment